Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Shadow Phoenix <sh...@graveyard.zzn.com> on 2009/03/24 12:17:24 UTC

'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for ...

Hello,

I have a project that I downloaded online. It compiles and works fine by its own, but I needed to make some alterations and add a new local .jar file to the project. To do so I used the following command:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=/root/trilead/trilead-ssh2-build213.jar -DgroupId=com.trilead DartifactId=utils -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar

but it gives me the error that is attached to this post.

I have tried to contact the original creators of the project about this matter, but I got no response, so any help or idea would be apreciated.

Thank you.

Re: 'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for ...

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> mvn install:install-file -Dfile=/root/trilead/trilead-ssh2-build213.jar -DgroupId=com.trilead DartifactId=utils -Dversion=1.0 -Dpackaging=jar

If this is exactly the command, you're missing a - before the DartifactId.

Wayne