Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pw...@micron.com> on 2016/08/31 14:01:59 UTC

Processor scheduling resets on Nifi Restart

We've noticed that a job we have setup to run once a day will run again in the same day if we restart NiFi (and again, and again, depending on how often we restart NiFi).
Is this by design?

Re: Processor scheduling resets on Nifi Restart

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Peter,

When you say that it is scheduled to run "once a day" do you mean that you are using
Timer-Driven scheduling with the scheduling period set to 24 hours? If so, then yes, that
is intentional.

If you want it to run only once a day, I would recommend that you use the CRON Driven
Scheduling Strategy and configure it to run at some specific hour each day.

Thanks
-Mark