Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lukas Theussl <th...@triumf.ca> on 2004/07/13 20:04:00 UTC

xdoc plugin questions

Hi everybody,

First, my congrats to the developers for the 1.0 release, keep up the
good work!

I am trying to generate  a Web site for my project using the site plugin
and I have a few questions about the conversion from xml to html:

- is it possible to have symbolic links copied from the xdocs/ directory
to the final docs (I want a home.html file that links to index.html)

- is it possible to have comments in the xml files copied over to the
html (I noticed that comments in <!--  --> are omitted in the generated
html file, I'd like to include some javascript code which is embedded in
<!--  -->)

- is it possible to include a favicon icon (<link rel="icon"
href="images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">) in the head of the
generated html file?

Cheers,
Lukas

Re: xdoc plugin questions

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> First, my congrats to the developers for the 1.0 release, keep up the
> good work!

Thanks!

> - is it possible to have symbolic links copied from the xdocs/ directory
> to the final docs (I want a home.html file that links to index.html)

Java doesn't do symlinks well. I can't think of any way this could be
made to work. I'd suggest a home.html page with a meta refresh.

> - is it possible to have comments in the xml files copied over to the
> html (I noticed that comments in <!--  --> are omitted in the generated
> html file, I'd like to include some javascript code which is embedded in
> <!--  -->)

Does wrapping them in <![CDATA[...]]> help?

> - is it possible to include a favicon icon (<link rel="icon"
> href="images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">) in the head of the
> generated html file?

Yep, include it in <head> inside the xdoc.
<head>
<link rel="icon" ... />
</head>

Cheers,