Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org> on 2013/08/09 21:26:10 UTC

Comments on pipelined Merge Join approach

I'm working on the first implementation of a merge join for the full
exec engine.  My WIP branch is on my personal repo.  Would love logic
buffs to give me feedback on the flow if you have any time today.
I'll be working on pulling this together through the weekend.

https://github.com/jacques-n/incubator-drill/tree/join-wip

Thanks,
Jacques

Re: Comments on pipelined Merge Join approach

Posted by Jason Altekruse <al...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure which join type is being implemented, but I think that some
output records might be missing.

In the JoinTemplate.doJoin method, the case form left and right matching
prompts a copy and advance of both pointers. Do we want to create a new
record for each of the rights that matches a particular left?

[image: Inline image 1]

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.
yes

Posted by Timothy Chen <tn...@gmail.com>.