Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by sir�ne vip <si...@hotmail.com> on 2006/01/12 10:50:07 UTC

[beginner]Backend Storage systems

Hi again :-)

My question now is on backend storages.

Well, still in the system I'm working on, content has been stored using both
DB and FS approaches.

I have several kinds of content that I need to model using JCR modeling and
therefore define new node types. The system is somehow flexible: It lets to
the user the possibility to define the approach she wants for storing
information (Although there are default storages for each kind of
information).
Now, I want to use Jackrabbit....

My question is the following:
Concerning the repository.xml file, where the underlying backing store is
specified. How should I deal with my situation? Should I have different
repositories, depending on the backend storage I'm using or I may use? or is
it possible to do it in one configuration file? If yes, how?
I think I'm missing something here....

Cheers,
Celina

http://search.msn.com/

Re: [beginner]Backend Storage systems

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 1/12/06, sirène vip <si...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Concerning the repository.xml file, where the underlying backing store is
> specified. How should I deal with my situation? Should I have different
> repositories, depending on the backend storage I'm using or I may use? or is
> it possible to do it in one configuration file? If yes, how?

The backing store is configured using the PersistenceManager
configuration elements in the Jackrabbit repository and workspace
configuration elements. See the Configuring Jackrabbit document
(http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/doc/config.html) for details.

It is possible to configure different persistence managers to the
different workspaces of a single content repository, but doing so is a
bit complex (you need to know when to modify which configuration
files).

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development