Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org> on 2021/01/01 12:29:16 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduate Apache Gobblin (Incubating) as a TLP

Hi Justin,

Happy new year!

Regarding the feedback you gave us:
1. 3rd party logos being eaten by pacman on the homepage: We have removed
this animation, and created a ticket to follow-up with Trademarks for
future usage of that animation.
2. nofollow attribute missing in links to external entities: We have added
nofollow attributes to such links.
3. Google analytics on homepage: We have removed the usage of Google
Analytics.
4. Docker not following guidelines: We have deleted the pre-apache repo (
https://hub.docker.com/r/gobblin ), and updated the apache/gobblin on
DockerHub to bring it inline with the guidelines.

Please let us know if this addresses the issues that you had identified?

Thanks,
Abhishek

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

For 1: I have removed the remaining logos from the "Execution Modes"
section on homepage
For 2: I have removed unreleased tags from docker (which were all the tags
published so far)

Please review.

Abhishek

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Thanks Justin.

Regards,
Abhishek

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.
Hi Owen, Justin,

Thanks for discussing this.

I had filed a ticket for a follow-up with the trademarks:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GOBBLIN-1347
And, I have just now also started a thread with the trademarks to clarify
on the process / rules going forward: https://s.apache.org/pp2ce
which we will refer to in the future if we want to add any non-Apache logos.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Posted by Owen O'Malley <ow...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Abhishek Tiwari <ab...@apache.org>.