Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Haynes <ed...@shaws.com> on 2002/03/12 20:12:05 UTC

Apache serve index.jsp not index.php

Hi. How can I get apache to serve up index.jsp as the default page? I have
read a post on http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=228635 that talks about
setting up the DirectoryIndex on Apache and setting up the
<welcome-file-list> in the web.xml of my application. I have done both of
these, but I am still unable to have Apache use the index.jsp as the default
page. Currently my app is setup as <Context path="" docBase="myfolder"
debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true"/>

Using http://localhost:8080 defaults to my index.jsp but not
http://localhost, this still defaults to my index.php

Thanks, Ted

Re: Apache serve index.jsp not index.php

Posted by Ken Martin <ke...@digitalcyclone.com>.
On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 01:12 PM, Edward Haynes wrote:

> Hi. How can I get apache to serve up index.jsp as the default page?

I'm a newbie, but I'm pretty sure that you at least need to edit
your httpd.conf file to look something like this:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.jsp index.php
</IfModule>

Good luck!

Ken Martin