Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Barak Yaish <by...@cloverleafcomm.com> on 2006/05/30 08:14:03 UTC

rmic problem when using ant

Hi all,

I'm facing strange problem when I'm using the RMIC task. First, let me describe the relevant classes:

Class A extends UnicastRemoteObject implements AInterface
Interface AInterface implements Remote

Class B extends A implements BInterface
Interface BInterface extends AInterface

The methods in class A defined as throwing SomeException  (beside RemoteException), found in 3rd party jar.

The sequence in build.xml is: compile A, rmic A, compile B, rmic B

Now, compile and rmic A is working ok. Compiling B is working ok. Rmic of b not working - the message displayed is:
[rmic] error: Class SomeException not found in class A. (this is not mistake - why A appears here?)

1) What this message means?

The strange part, when I re-running ant with the same build.xml everything is working fine, include the rmic of B.

2) What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Barak.

Re: rmic problem when using ant

Posted by "Scot P. Floess" <fl...@mindspring.com>.
Barak:

Sounds like a CLASSPATH problem...  Or sourcepath?

So, if you run your build twice it works?

--
Scot P. Floess
27 Lake Royale

252-478-8087 (Home)