Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org> on 2011/07/24 22:53:46 UTC

Nexus at ObjectStyle

Just setup Nexus (open source edition) at ObjectStyle: http://maven.objectstyle.org/

I will try to configure it next week, load needed artifacts and retire objectstyle.org/maven2 flat file repo. I am planning to open write access to it to all Cayenne committers. Read access will be available to anybody. Of course the open source edition of Nexus doesn't have staging capabilities. Wonder how bad it will be if we completely proxy Maven central through maven.objectstyle.org... On the positive side it should speed up the builds and prevent the cross-repo artifacts origin confusion. On the downside, suddenly I am signing up to provide a critical piece of Cayenne infrastructure, hosted outside Apache.

BTW still no reply from infra on INFRA-3786...

Andrus

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Yes, but we can't put third-party artifacts in there.

In fact we will be using Apache Nexus ... for Cayenne release staging ,etc. But this is separate.

Andrus

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Andrus,

--
http://www.grobmeier.de

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@puregumption.com>.
Using 3.0.3. Fresh repo. Fresh checkout of cayenne codebase:

mvn compile

worked... after sucking down 1/2 the internet (although it tried to compile the tutorial and failed... not overly concerned with that at the moment; everything else compiled fine).

mvn install also worked.

I tried 3.0.3 last night... maybe not with a fresh repo? Or maybe the fresh checkout helped? In any event, things seem to be working now.

Robert

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
3.0.3

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@roxanemy.com>.

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I'll have to see if I can get objectstyle.org whitelisted.  Our
firewall/proxy currently blocks jars/zips/etc from all sites that
aren't whitelisted.

Re: Nexus at ObjectStyle

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.