Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Edna Y Morales <ey...@us.ibm.com> on 2015/08/04 21:36:44 UTC

WKWebView and iOS 9

Hi all,

Since the file:// url loading bug was fixed for WKWebView in iOS 9, are we
going to move away from the local webserver solution?

Thanks,
Edna Morales

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1

- Carlos
Sent from my iPhone

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by tommy-carlos williams <to...@devgeeks.org>.
+1

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Welp, screwed up -- asked for commits to be sent to dev@ instead of commits@!
sorry!

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Kerri Shotts <ke...@gmail.com>.
No objections at all. :)

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I like the two plugin idea.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
What about 2 plugins?

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
My idea:

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
+1 Carlos

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
I would like to see by default or configuration setting be able to have that combination "WKWebView plugin only works on iOS 9 and older iOSes fallback to UIWebView"

I can already hear customers asking too many questions about running a webserver inside their app (i.e.  security, energy, old hacks on their own custom plugins, etc). I prefer to have the option to tell them it's a choice it's very easy to select to not have a webserver at all.

- Carlos
Sent from my iPhone

Re: WKWebView and iOS 9

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.