Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@apache.org> on 2002/06/02 23:52:32 UTC

apache under linux -- restarting problems

I've just run into this, and it is present in 2.0.36..
the name-based sysvmem isn't appropiate as it will cause apache to
refuse to start when you upgrade a module  (forcing a reboot)

a simple way to 'fix' is this it for the server to write out in the
error message what sharedmem segment it is trying to create so you
can ipcrm it. otherwise your forced to remove them all which is not a
good thing

Re: apache under linux -- restarting problems

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 09:01:29AM -0700, Aaron Bannert wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 08:41:53AM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> > the problem is that on a machine with nothing else important running on
> > it I have 5-6 shared memory segments owned by root...  and I have no way
> > of identifiying which one apache is complaining about.
> >
> > was there a good reason why we switched from a anonymous name ?
>
> Unless someone speaks up I think we should change this to prefer anonymous
> mmap()-based (if available).

Which AcceptMutex value would this be?  -- justin

Re: apache under linux -- restarting problems

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.
On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 08:41:53AM -0700, Ian Holsman wrote:
> the problem is that on a machine with nothing else important running on
> it I have 5-6 shared memory segments owned by root...  and I have no way
> of identifiying which one apache is complaining about.
>
> was there a good reason why we switched from a anonymous name ?

Unless someone speaks up I think we should change this to prefer anonymous
mmap()-based (if available).

-aaron

Re: apache under linux -- restarting problems

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>.