Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Martyn Griffin <gr...@charter.net> on 2006/06/01 02:07:25 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Getting Apache to use PHP under Window XP

It is where it is specified. But I have moved  it around a bit, into the
modules folder and just specifying  modules/php5apache.dll but same failure.
I have tried various combinations of absolute and relative paths, tried
adding quotes and without, renamed the dll to .so etc etc
In all cases I get this same error. But all the other modules seem to load
ok.
I even pulled the dll out of the distribution zip file again and retried and
it still fails.

If anyone has this running (PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2), could you show the
relevant entries from your .conf file etc.

Thanks,
Martyn T. Griffin

   _____

Posted by Richard DeWath <de...@yahoo.com>.
Bill,

I appreciate your suggestions and will use them.  My
initial problem was even having phpinfo denied.  I
realized that the problem is with changes in apache
2.2.2 httpd.conf.  I found a note on that about the
security change.  I modified that and now phpinfo
works in the cgi.  My next step is to sit down and
read and learn apache 2.2.2 configuration and then
apply your suggestions.  Here is what fixed the access
for phpinfo:

<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
###    Order deny,allow
###    Deny from all
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    Satisfy all
</Directory>

Thanks again.

Richard

Posted by Richard DeWath <de...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

This seems to be where the answer is going to be, but
I have googled and not found an answer yet.

I will guess that this is a simple problem in my
configuration, so if anyone can point me to the
documentation or help me resolve this, I do appreciate
it.  Somehow, getting it work under XP has become a
cause.

Cheers,

Richard

--- "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by chris <dr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/1/06, chris <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Martyn Griffin <gr...@charter.net> wrote:
> >

> > It is where it is specified. But I have moved  it around a bit, into the
> > modules folder and just specifying  modules/php5apache.dll but same failure.
> > I have tried various combinations of absolute and relative paths, tried
> > adding quotes and without, renamed the dll to .so etc etc
> > In all cases I get this same error. But all the other modules seem to load
> > ok.
> > I even pulled the dll out of the distribution zip file again and retried and
> > it still fails.
> >
> > If anyone has this running (PHP 5.1.4 and Apache 2.2), could you show the
> > relevant entries from your .conf file etc.
> >

> I have managed to get these running, this is what I have:
>
> # For PHP 5 do something like this:
> LoadModule php5_module "c:/php/php5apache2.dll"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> # configure the path to php.ini
> PHPIniDir "c:/php"

also note I had to follow this tip from Tope:

#Please get
#http://www.apachelounge.com/download/mods/php5apache2.dll-php5.1.x.zip
#for a fix.

- in the above is a readme which says:
"
# Install:

- Copy php5apache2.dll to your php folder (eg. c:/php)

- Copy httpd.exe.manifest to apache2/bin

- Finally install the Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (the
binary is build with VC 2005).

  Download it from:

  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

  When you have already installed the .NET framework 2 you can skip this step.

"

I downloaded the above.

chris

Posted by chris <dr...@gmail.com>.