Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2009/06/09 01:07:04 UTC

[VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.4 beta?

mod_ftp fans;

Let's try this one more time, here's a 0.9.4 candidate which should have
none of the 2.0 or 2.2 compatibility problems of the previous attempt.
Thanks to everyone who spent the effort reviewing that package!

Please fetch up the newly prepared httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.4.tar.gz (available
now), or the win32/netware/os2 suitable package httpd-mod_ftp-0.9.4-crlf.zip

  http://httpd.apache.org/dev/dist/mod_ftp/

review, take it for a spin, and cast your choice

  [ ] -1 for any release of 0.9.4 (regressed from 0.9.2?)
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.4-beta
  [ ] +1 to release as 0.9.4-beta, and ready to tag GA (1.0.0)

Please let us know if you test the two significant issues;

CURRENT RELEASE NOTES:

  * EPSV and EPRT need real world testing for different routing and DMZ
    cases and validating a range of IPv6-enabled clients' interop.
    Note many IPv4-only NAT routers appear to ignore EPRT commands,
    even as they would fix up NAT addresses from PORT commands.

  * Extra attention should be paid to PORT and EPRT connections, especially
    when assigned low numbered ports, e.g. FTPActiveRange 20

These are my serious hesitations in blessing the release 1.0.0 just yet.
Please be brutal in respect to testing both aspects :)  Other protocol and
API related showstoppers have been added with respect to the FEAT and OPTS
extensions, which need small modifications to the API for "cooperation"
between extension modules.

For getting started,

http://httpd.apache.org/mod_ftp/

and

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_ftp/tags/0.9.4/README-FTP

Bill

Re: [VOTE] release httpd mod_ftp-0.9.4 beta?

Posted by Jorge Schrauwen <jo...@gmail.com>.
 [X] +1 to release as 0.9.4-beta

I didn't have time to test the EPSV & EPRT, nor do I have enough
knowledge on the rfc to do so atm.

It does compile and is functional in my config, so it's certainly
usable at the moment.
So I'd like to see it hit beta.

~Jorge