Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Abhinav Jain <lo...@yahoo.com> on 2002/01/28 12:59:00 UTC

Problem in running Apache C module

 Hello Sir,
   I'm new to this group. I had successfully installed
Apache HTTP Server on  Linux. I'm trying to run
mod_example.c(available in  std pkg) &
mod_hello.c(from Writting Apache Modules with Perl and
C). Following steps I took to build it:
 1. The compilation goes smoothly without an error
 2. run make & make install.
 3. Updated the httpd.conf file(present
            at /usr/local/apache/conf)
      <Location /example-info>
  	SetHandler example-handler
       </Location>
 NOTE : These examples are present at
 /usr/local/apache_1.3.22/src/modules/mydir

 But when I start the server from
 /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl start

 and in browser I give the URL
 http://localhost/example-info

I get the Not Found Error in browser and the Log files
says
 Mon Jan 28 11:51:17 2002] [error] [client 127.0.01]
 File doesn't exists
 /usr/local/apache/htdocs/example-info

 I have changed httpd.conf file
 ServerDocument
 /usr/local/apache_1.3.22/src/modules
  but still the same error is coming.

 Plz help  me how to specify the URL and where it
 should locate in my directory.

 Thanx in Advance
 Abhinav Jain
 India