Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Amthauer, Heiner" <He...@t-systems.de> on 2001/08/27 16:28:40 UTC

mod_jk required for apache/tomcat/SSL?

Hi there!

I want to use tomcat togehter with apache+mod_ssl. However, accessing my
servlets via SSL doesn't work at all, whereas using normal http requests it
all works fine. In any documentation about using SSL with apache/tomcat I
allways find configuration examples for mod_jk, but none for mod_jserv
(which I use). Is mod_jk a must when using apache/tomcat/SSL? If not, how
can it be done with mod_jserv?

Any fast help is greatly appreciated
regards
Heiner

Dipl. Ing. Heiner Amthauer
Entwicklungsingenieur

T-Systems

debis Systemhaus Ulm GEI GmbH
Tel.: 0731 / 93 44 44 22
Fax.: 0731 / 93 44 44 09
Mobil.: 0178 / 42 69 33 5
mailto:heiner.amthauer@t-systems.de

Re: mod_jk required for apache/tomcat/SSL?

Posted by Jan Labanowski <jk...@osc.edu>.
Try http://www.ccl.net/cca/software/UNIX/apache/index.shtml

You may need to put the same stuff you have under default port 80
inside the block for virtual host 443 in httpd.conf

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Amthauer, Heiner wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I want to use tomcat togehter with apache+mod_ssl. However, accessing my
> servlets via SSL doesn't work at all, whereas using normal http requests it
> all works fine. In any documentation about using SSL with apache/tomcat I
> allways find configuration examples for mod_jk, but none for mod_jserv
> (which I use). Is mod_jk a must when using apache/tomcat/SSL? If not, how
> can it be done with mod_jserv?
>
> Any fast help is greatly appreciated
> regards
> Heiner

> Dipl. Ing. Heiner Amthauer
> Entwicklungsingenieur
>
> T-Systems
>
> debis Systemhaus Ulm GEI GmbH
> Tel.: 0731 / 93 44 44 22
> Fax.: 0731 / 93 44 44 09
> Mobil.: 0178 / 42 69 33 5
> mailto:heiner.amthauer@t-systems.de

Jan K. Labanowski            |    phone: 614-292-9279,  FAX: 614-292-7168
Ohio Supercomputer Center    |    Internet: jkl@osc.edu
1224 Kinnear Rd,             |    http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
Columbus, OH 43212-1163      |    http://www.osc.edu/