Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by koh wee tam <kw...@ti.com> on 1997/10/02 13:20:03 UTC

os-sco/1189: Unable to install

>Number:         1189
>Category:       os-sco
>Synopsis:       Unable to install
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
hi, currently I try to install apache into my Sco Unix Open Server 3.0 but failed. I managed to download apache ver 1.2.0 . These are the steps that I have done.

1. Download apach-SCO3.tar.gz   from www.apache.org/dist/old/binaries/sco/
2. Gunzip it and put in the /apps/apache_1.2.0  directory
3. tar the apach-SCO3.tar
4. Error comes out -- cannot create directory
5. Create the directories manually
6. tar again - success
7. follow the steps recommend in the www.apache.org/dist/old/binaries/sco
8. when I execute ./httpd  , error No such file or directory.
			     could not open /dev/zero
9. Also do I need to download the httpd-1.2.0-coff-gcc.gz or httpd-1.20-coff-p5.gz?

Please help.  One more thing , if I get the ver 1.2.4 can I install it in SCO unix Open Server 3.0 ??
Where can I get the gunzip and gcc compiler for Sco unix ??

Please help. I really seek out of resources.

Thanks

Regards

Stephen