Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/05 10:40:02 UTC

Calls another action from one action?

Subject: Calls another action from one action?
From: "Hu Ji Rong" <hu...@yahoo.com>
 ===
Hi,

As I described in my previous post: "Question on implementation with
frames", I have some links pointing to some pages in which all form fields
actually belong to the same domain object, eg. Airport has pages like
AirportDef, Notes, Remarks,...

So I will implement the links with one single action, AirportAction, with
parameters, the AirportAction forward to different pages based on the link
clicked. Normally, we have the submit button inside each page(form) to
submit the form. But I can't have that, the requirement is when the user
click other links, current form will be submited.(eg. when user has
completed the AirportDef page and click the next link to Notes, the form in
AirportDef must be submitted.)

So, when a link is clicked, there are two things the action need to do,
submit the current form and forward to next page. Since the forwarding is
done in AirportAction, while CRUD of AirportDef is done in AirportDefAction,
I have to call the function in AirportDefAction inside AirportAction before
forward to next page.

So the question is can I invoke another action inside one action? Or how to
achieve it?

JiRong