Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@yahoo.com> on 2001/12/14 20:27:47 UTC

probman calling stateless EJB's

I am trying to call a stateless EJB in Jboss from soap but am getting the
following in tomcat:

In TemplateProvider.locate()
URI: urn:juiced
DD.ServiceClass: org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider
DD.ProviderClass: null
Call.MethodName: providerLogin

in my program i get:
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
com.juiced.provider.callcentral.CallCentral.providerLogin(CallCentral.java:1
28)

line 128 is the line where I return the value to my program the value that
was returned from the soap call...

My deploymentdescriptor.xml is:

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
             id="urn:juiced">
  <isd:provider type="org.apache.soap.providers.StatelessEJBProvider"
                scope="Application"
                methods="providerLogin providerInit providerSession
userAuth">
    <isd:option key="JNDIName" value="SessionManager"/>
    <isd:option key="FullHomeInterfaceName"
value="com.juiced.central.sessionmanager.SessionManagerHome" />
    <isd:option key="ContextProviderURL" value="jnp://localhost:1099" />
    <isd:option key="FullContextFactoryName"
value="org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory" />
  </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListene
r>

<isd:mappings>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:juiced-init" qname="x:cd"
             javaType="com.juiced.common.accessPoint"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>

<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:juiced-session" qname="x:ps"
             javaType="com.juiced.common.userSession"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>

<isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
             xmlns:x="urn:juiced-session" qname="x:fu"
             javaType="com.juiced.common.firewallUpdate"

java2XMLClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"

xml2JavaClassName="org.apache.soap.encoding.soapenc.BeanSerializer"/>
  </isd:mappings>

</isd:service>

I put a system.out.println in my jboss method, so I am pretty sure that is
never getting run...   I had a look at the example ejb soap came with but
when I tried to deploy it I got a ton of errors...  Has anyone gotten that
to work in Jboss?

I am sure my objects are passing okay because I had the whole thing working
while soap was calling a class, then i took those methods and converted it
to an ejb and now this happens..

any help would be greatly appreachaited.

THank you

Jeremy

RE: SOLVED probman calling stateless EJB's