Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Tom Brown <to...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/16 21:48:07 UTC

Need help adding a custom log

I would like to add a custom log file to track events from a specific
Mailet. As far as I can tell, I've setup my log target correctly in
apps/james/SAR-INF/environment.xml, but I can't figure out to get my
mailet to actually USE the new log target I created.

Is there any way to use a james log (that's not the mailet log) from
inside a mailet?

Thank in advance!
Tom Brown

Re: Need help adding a custom log

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Hi Tom,

unfortunately there is no way in 2.2.0 and in the upcoming 2.3.0 to use
another (a child) logger from a mailet.

In current trunk we introduced specific loggers for every mailet: you
will see this feature in the next release that we plan to start
releasing in beta in less than 3 months and to release as final in 5-6
months.

Stefano