Posted to users@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/30 21:19:21 UTC

[TDF Mobile] Releasing TDF Mobile

Now that 4.14.1 is out of the way, I want to concentrate on releasing the
new Tour de Flex Mobile app on Google Play and Apple App stores.  I have
rebuilt the iOS and Android apps with the new skins and they do look pretty
good, good enough to release.  I plan to be the release manager for this
release.

Here are a few issues we need to consider:

1. The ASF does not currently have a way to let TLP projects to sign app
store binaries.  Instead of waiting on them, I plan to release it under my
own name, but with enough disclaimers to say that this is an [un]official
release of the Apache Flex project (only the binaries)  We will be
releasing the source under the normal release process, of course.
2.  Does anyone want to suggest a better name than Tour de Flex Mobile?  Or
is this good enough?

3.  Testing the binaries will be an interesting problem.

a.  For the Android platform, I can put up the .apk file on our Apache dist
folder and ask folks to download it from there.
b.  As far as the iOS app goes, I am planning on creating a TestFlight team
and send an invite to users@ and dev@ so that folks can sign up for testing
those apps.

Any suggestions or concerns, please feel free to raise them here.

Thanks,
Om

RE: [TDF Mobile] Releasing TDF Mobile

Posted by Sugan Naicker <Su...@dev-x.co.za>.
Hi,

I would be interested in testing on Android and IOS.

Tour de Flex Mobile -> It is good enough :-)

Thanks.

Sugan

I am assuming there are no objections to my proposal.  If you are interested in testing the apps, please let me know.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Update:

I recently switched computers and have not been able to access ASF Git
since then.  I have been working with the Infra team to get this resolved.

Which means that I won't be able to work on the release till I have my Git
access restored.  Are there any volunteers for making this happen in the
meantime?

Basically, we need a release manager to work on getting the source and
binaries (Android + iOS) ready.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Update:

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Hi Eric,

Posted by Eric <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hans Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Hi Eric, Om

Re: [TDF Mobile] Releasing TDF Mobile

Posted by Eric <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:40 AM, Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com> wrote:
> ...IIRC, there is an experiment going on at the ASF about signing
> binaries....

That's in production actually,
https://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/code_signing_service_now_available

-Bertrand

Re: [TDF Mobile] Releasing TDF Mobile

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
Well the problem is Adobe signed RSLs get put in the special cache outside of your browser so it stays even when you clear your cache.  If we sign it, the rsls will still be placed in the browser cache.  It still has a benefit, but is obviously more limited.

-Mark

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Go for it.  IIRC, there is an experiment going on at the ASF about signing
> binaries.  I think the OpenOffice folks are driving it.

AFAIK That different to signing mobile apps.

however it woudl be useful for the installer as it removes a step when installing on windows as it's then considered a trusted app.

I have the info if anyone is interested (from last ApacheCon).

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [TDF Mobile] Releasing TDF Mobile

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Go for it.  IIRC, there is an experiment going on at the ASF about signing
binaries.  I think the OpenOffice folks are driving it.

-Alex

Posted by Eric <eh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.