Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by ianwong <yi...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/13 19:24:55 UTC

need help for two nutch questions

I am using nutch 0.9.  Can anyone reply me with some clues for following
questions?

1. I want to know how can I set a timeout for querying query server. So far,
I have three query server. If any one is down, the web search page has to
wait a long time until a exception thrown. Is any method to check connection
status of query server before querying or set a timeout to query server? if
it is failed to connect, then ignore that server. I noticed the
ipc.client.timeout has replaced by ping in the Hadoop latest version, then
how nutch 0.9 handle search timeout??

2. Sometimes, I get same follows exception from query client.

[ERROR] 15:56:57 Exception in method: handleRequest Exception is: null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:334)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getConnection(Client.java:519)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.call(RPC.java:265)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.DistributedSearch$Client.getSummary(DistributedSearch.java:334)
        at
org.apache.nutch.searcher.NutchBean.getSummary(NutchBean.java:344)

3. In addtion,where is the log file for nutch query server? I can not find
any errors or
exception info in the nutchhome/logs/hadoop.log?

Thank you
Ian