Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/13 01:35:25 UTC

Keyboard navigation in Spark Datagrid from SDK 4.15 doesn not work until TAB-ed somewhere

After selecting one row in Spark Datagrid, and pressing up or down keys on
keyboard, nothing happens.
It works ok after tabbed somewhere.

I traced 4 values to track this, who has focus after events:
focusOut, focusIn, mouseFocusChange and keyFocusChange.

Only clue I found is that key nav in Datagrid works properly after
keyFocusChange happend once (press tab once).

Could be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-24334 but
right now can't open it as server is in maintenance.

How to fix this? What can it be that blocks first key press?

Re: Keyboard navigation in Spark Datagrid from SDK 4.15 does not work until TAB-ed somewhere

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. You are right, I did it too, it works ok. Now I am looking for small
test case of my problem.

Re: Keyboard navigation in Spark Datagrid from SDK 4.15 does not work until TAB-ed somewhere

Posted by OK <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hi Nemi,
maybe I get you wrong but I would just like to let you know that I can't
reproduce this issue with 4.15.0:

Steps to reproduce:
- Create a <s:DataGrid> using MXML and load some data into it
- Select one row by just clicking it using the left mouse key
- Use keyboard navigation (Up and down) to switch between the rows

This just works like a charm.

HTH,
Olaf

Re: Keyboard navigation in Spark Datagrid from SDK 4.15 does not work until TAB-ed somewhere

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Anyone else got Spark Datagrid keyboard navigation stopped working after
moving from SDK 4.6.0 to SDK 4.15.0 ?

What else has been changed except implementing gridView ?

Re: Keyboard navigation in Spark Datagrid from SDK 4.15 does not work until TAB-ed somewhere

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, not tabbed somewhere, it is tabbed to it.
So, one must press TAB until Datagrid has focus, for key nav to work. After
that, even if Datagrid loses focus, key nav still works ok.

[SOLVED] Re: Keyboard navigation in Spark Datagrid from SDK 4.15 does not work until TAB-ed somewhere

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Problem was in Datagrid's Skin where whole caretIndicator component was
commented out, cause its not needed.
If it is uncommented, and set caretIndicatorFill's alpha to 0, now Datagrid
key nav works properly!

Probably somewhere in SDK, when tabbing; caretIndicator existence is
ignored, but if you click on Datagrid and try key nav, it does not work
without caretIndicator component defined in Datagrid's Skin.