Posted to users@maven.apache.org by mikewilsonuk <mi...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/05/01 15:40:34 UTC

maven and jmockit, problem with -javaagent jvm arg

Has anyone been able to get jmockit working with maven? jmockit needs the
-javaagent command-line arg. I have specified the arg in
<configuration><argLine>. It may be giving the arg to the jvm, but not the
classpath as I immediately get a failure with "Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/objectweb/asm2/ClassVisitor".

I can get this to work in 'ant'  using <jvmarg
value="-javaagent:/opt/jmockit/main/jmockit.jar" />

I must say I am beginning to regret the time spent learning maven and moving
files around to suit its conventions: it seems to me to be too bureaucratic,
unfinished and inflexible.

Re: maven and jmockit, problem with -javaagent jvm arg

Posted by Gregory D Carter <gr...@verizon.net>.
See issue: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-117.  I had to make
changes to prevent the executable jar from being created.

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
On Tue, May 1, 2007 5:01 pm, mikewilsonuk wrote:

> Thanks for your help. I am seriously considering abandoning maven and
> going
> back to ant. The benefits do not seem to outweigh the drawbacks.

There are times when maven just doesn't cut the mustard for certain tasks,
and that's when wrapping ant in maven with the antrun plugin makes sense.

There are some seriously significant benefits in using maven over using
ant, a little bit like using eclipse instead of vi. But like vi, ant does
have it's benefits from time to time - my suggestion is choose both.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Maven and Ant Integration (Ignores Ant version)

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Actually I am trying to set framework to test web services. Our all projects are in compliance with maven except this one.We use sure fire for all other components.

In this ant script, we deploy the web server , generates wsdl, generates clients and then run the tests via junit. I can try to go to maven way but it would be a lot of re work. If I could solve this junit thing then it would be last step.

Thanks,

Petr

Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote: I'm curious... why you can't just use Maven Surefire plugin to run
your JUnit tests? Why are you doing this "junit via ant" thing at all?

Wayne

---------------------------------

Posted by Toli Kuznets <to...@marketcetera.com>.
<remove foot from mouth>
Appears that I spoke too soon - i can indeed run the maven/ant/junit
combo from inside a sub-modules but it doesn't work for me in the
top-level package with child modules.

oh well. any other suggestions on how to workaround this problem until
the aforementioned bug is fixed?

--
Toli Kuznets
http://www.marketcetera.com: Open-Source Trading Platform

Re: Maven and Ant Integration (Ignores Ant version)

Posted by Toli Kuznets <to...@marketcetera.com>.
Petr,

If it makes any difference, I have Maven 2.0.7 and the antrun plugin
with Junit combination works for me. I am, however, using the 3.8.1
version of Junit, but i don't think it matters.

Maven-antrun-plugin page also has a writeup on how to use optional tasks:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-antrun-plugin/classpaths.html

I have the following in my plugin:
            <plugin>
                <inherited>false</inherited>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>run-integration-tests</id>
                        <phase>integration-test</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <tasks>
                                <junit printsummary="withOutAndErr"
showoutput="yes" haltonfailure="true" fork="true" timeout="180000">
                                    <classpath refid="maven.test.classpath"/>

                                    <formatter type="plain"/>
                                    <test name="org.marketcetera.SomeTest"

todir="${project.build.directory}/surefire-reports"/>
                                </junit>
                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>ant</groupId>
                        <artifactId>ant-junit</artifactId>
                        <version>1.6.5</version>
                    </dependency>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>junit</groupId>
                        <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
                        <version>3.8.1</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
            </plugin>

hope this helps.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
The 2.0.x means "this is something we should/will/can probably fix in
2.0 series" while 2.1.x means "this is something we cannot, for
whatever reason, handle in 2.0 series, and so we need to address this
in 2.1 series".

Wayne

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <parent>
    <groupId>com.comp.cp</groupId>
    <artifactId>cp-component</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>

  <groupId>com.comp.cp</groupId>
  <artifactId>ClientTests</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>pom</packaging>
  <name>ClientTests</name>
<!--
<dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>4.3.1</version>
    </dependency>
</dependencies> -->

  <build>
    <finalName>clienttests</finalName>

    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <version>2.0</version>
        <configuration>
          <source>1.5</source>
          <target>1.5</target>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>1</id>
            <phase>generate-sources</phase>
            <configuration>
              <tasks>
                <ant antfile="build.xml" />
              </tasks>
            </configuration>
            <goals>
              <goal>run</goal>
            </goals>
          </execution>
        </executions>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency>
                <groupId>ant</groupId>
                <artifactId>ant-junit</artifactId>
                <version>1.6.5</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>junit</groupId>
              <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
              <version>4.3.1</version>
            </dependency>
        </dependencies>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You probably want the ant-nodeps artifact.

  <groupId>ant</groupId>
  <artifactId>ant-nodeps</artifactId>
  <version>1.6.5</version>

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.
I added one more dependency

[...]

So I figured it out that probably maven is using wrong version of ant and I checked it, it downloaded ant 1.6.5

Posted by "Petr V." <gr...@yahoo.com>.
Greetings,

[...]

     and needs to be declared using <taskdef>.
 - You are attempting to use a task defined using
    <presetdef> or <macrodef> but have spelt wrong or not
[...]

            <artifactId>ant-antlr</artifactId>
            <version>1.6.2</version>
          </dependency>
        </dependencies>