Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by "Strittmatter, Stephan" <St...@sybit.de> on 2005/09/06 11:22:50 UTC

Naming of lib-plugins, was: AW: MS related plugins refactoring

Hello,

> Here is a copy of my previous mail, if someone want to comment it:
>
> I have just committed some modifications that enable to have some
> dependencies between plugins.
> I would like to apply this mechanism to parse-ms* related plugins that both
> uses jakarta poi code.
> The idea is: instead of duplicating jakarta poi related jar in each lib
> directory of parse-ms* plugins,
> I would like to :
> * create a poi plugin that contains these jar files,
> * and to specify that the parse-ms* plugins depends (requires) the poi plugin.
>
> What do you think about it?
> What plugin name do you suggest for the poi plugin (simply poi, or something
> like jakarta-poi or lib-poi ?)

I think pre-fixing the plugin with "lib-" is a good idea to seperate such plugins from "index-", "parse-" etc.
Because of that I would prefer a name like "lib-jakarta-poi".

BTW, what do you think about adding more into to the lib-plugins like the location of the license and the
download location of the libs? Just an idea...

Regards,

Stephan

Re: Naming of lib-plugins, was: AW: MS related plugins refactoring

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
> I think pre-fixing the plugin with "lib-" is a good idea to seperate such
> plugins from "index-", "parse-" etc.
> Because of that I would prefer a name like "lib-jakarta-poi".

+1

> BTW, what do you think about adding more into to the lib-plugins like the
> location of the license and the
> download location of the libs? Just an idea...

A good idea. In a first step, it can simple be some comments added in the
plugin.xml file. In a second step, why not extending the plugin.xml DTD in
order to add some meta-tags for such informations.
Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/