Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeffrey Huang <sa...@saclink.csus.edu> on 2003/03/26 07:55:00 UTC

Hi, question about external module.

Hi,

I got a problem when I'm working on adding an external
module as a filter of Apache 2.0. Please help me to figure out the solution. I'm
building an external module to embed a C/C++ like scripting language, CH,
executing for Apache 2.0 server. I studied from php module source program
and got the simulated idea to build this module. I use pre_config,
post_config and post_read_request hooks. Ideally when Apache server startup,
the pre_config hook is executed and the post_read_request hook should be
used when requesting the target file type, for example, *.php. And then
execute the script by activating module for that type, eg. mod_php. I built
my own module and it works in Ret Hat Linux 7.x. However, when I port this
module (mod_ch) to Windows 2000, Apache server seems can not reach the
"post_read_request" hook. (I print out message at every hook function) I used the
same configuration setup as to Linux version, except the directory paths.
I'm thinking is there any special setup needed for W2K to enable the
post_read_request hook?  Does anybody have some
experience to build a module as a filter in Apache 2.0 server + Windows 2000? Please help
me to figure out the problem. I appreciate your any help.

Best Regards,
Jeffrey Huang