Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by "more.harshal2007@gmail.com" <ha...@itshastra.com> on 2011/04/27 11:01:47 UTC

NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Hi All,
I am newbie for CXF web service.

I have sample hello web service which is developed using CXF and
successfully able to get WSDL using for HTTP/Soap transport.

But when I am doing modification to JMS transport it is no giving any WSDL
to generate client.
showing No services have been found. message when adding
transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms" in end point
configuration.

Need help to resolve this issue.

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I have just finished the example.
See:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/distribution/src/main/release/samples/jms_spring_config/

Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by "more.harshal2007@gmail.com" <ha...@itshastra.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
I simply set the correct queue and connectionfactory settings by hand
and do not use the wsdl for more than code generation.

Btw. You can nicely do the codegen using the maven cxf  codegen plugin.
So you can include the code generation in your build process.

Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by "more.harshal2007@gmail.com" <ha...@itshastra.com>.
I am not Using ActiveMQ but using weblogic JMS Server.
so I did the configuration properties for weblogic.

<jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.factory.initial"
value="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"/>
<jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.provider.url"
value="t3://localhost:7001"/>

Thanks.

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

do you really need a WSDL with a jms endpoint? I usally used wsdls with
soap/http endpoints or even just the portType to create code and then
simply configure the transport using the spring config. For example you
can use the jmsConfigFeature on a service
without a special jms port and it still works.

See: http://cxf.apache.org/docs/using-the-jmsconfigfeature.html

Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by "more.harshal2007@gmail.com" <ha...@itshastra.com>.
I think It need to modify my beans.xml.

To edit address property of my Endpoint. right?

Thanks.

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by "more.harshal2007@gmail.com" <ha...@itshastra.com>.
Thanks for your suggestion.

Really Thanks Guys.

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
When you think of sharing such information in wsdl you should always
take into account that you typically have several stages in a company
develeopment environment.

So you either have to provide one endpoint per stage (e.g. dev, test,
prod) or you only provide an endpoint for dev.

I mostly opted for the last option. So the jms information in the wsdl
was there to document e.g. the queue name but in the code the jms
server, queue name, ... were set in spring and used placeholders. So the
admin could change the setting at deployment time or even at runtime.

Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Not really. I have a prototype for a http2jms bridge on my site though.
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/HTTP2JMSBridge

You may want to try this together with soap ui.

Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:19:12 AM Harshal wrote:
> Can you please let me know what is JMS-spec URL i.e. an y format/
> example like(http://servername:port/applicationname)

In the distribution, there is an samples/jms-spec-demo that shows how you can
configure the JMS stuff in the wsdl as well as via the URL.    There is also
the "java-first-jms" sample that can show how to do all the jms stuff without
the wsdl.

There is information about the JMS url schema at:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/soap-over-jms-10-support.html

Dan

> Really need this. to invoke web method.
>
> Thnaks.
>
> On 2011-04-28 02:12, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > The HTTP servlet only displays the endpoints/wsdl's for the those that
> > are exposed via that servlet.   Thus, the JMS endpoints wouldn't be
> > there.
> >
> > There was a small discussion about changing the service list to use the
> > Bus level ServiceRegistry instead of the list registered on the HTTP
> > transport, but no work went into that.   However, that still wouldn't
> > provide the WSDL, just the qname and URL of the service.   With 2.4.0,
> > the wsdl is provided by an interceptor on the chain and that would just
> > be triggered off the JMS endpoint directly.   I know the JMS transport
> > can be used for some "REST LIKE" things so it likely would require
> > little work to get it so you could use a JMS-Spec URL to obtain the wsdl
> > by just adding the ?wsdl flag to it.    If you'd like to pursue that
> > option as well, I be happy to provide pointers.  :-)
> >

> > Dan
> >
> > On Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:01:47 AM more.harshal2007@gmail.com wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >> I am newbie for CXF web service.
> >>
> >> I have sample hello web service which is developed using CXF and
> >> successfully able to get WSDL using for HTTP/Soap transport.
> >>
> >> But when I am doing modification to JMS transport it is no giving any
> >> WSDL to generate client.
> >> showing No services have been found. message when adding
> >> transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms" in end point
> >> configuration.
> >>

> >> Need help to resolve this issue.
> >>
> >> --

Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://dankulp.com/blog
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

On 2011-04-28 02:12, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> The HTTP servlet only displays the endpoints/wsdl's for the those that are
> exposed via that servlet.   Thus, the JMS endpoints wouldn't be there.
>
> There was a small discussion about changing the service list to use the Bus
> level ServiceRegistry instead of the list registered on the HTTP transport,
> but no work went into that.   However, that still wouldn't provide the WSDL,
> just the qname and URL of the service.   With 2.4.0, the wsdl is provided by
> an interceptor on the chain and that would just be triggered off the JMS
> endpoint directly.   I know the JMS transport can be used for some "REST LIKE"
> things so it likely would require little work to get it so you could use a
> JMS-Spec URL to obtain the wsdl by just adding the ?wsdl flag to it.    If
> you'd like to pursue that option as well, I be happy to provide pointers.  :-)
>

> Dan
>

> On Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:01:47 AM more.harshal2007@gmail.com wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I am newbie for CXF web service.
>>
>> I have sample hello web service which is developed using CXF and
>> successfully able to get WSDL using for HTTP/Soap transport.
>>
>> But when I am doing modification to JMS transport it is no giving any WSDL
>> to generate client.
>> showing No services have been found. message when adding
>> transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms" in end point
>> configuration.
>>

>> Need help to resolve this issue.
>>
>> --

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This information contains confidential and/or privileged material and is only transmitted for the intended recipient. Any review, retransmission, conversion to hard copy, copying, reproduction, circulation, publication, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action, or omission to take action, in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer, disk drive, diskette, or other storage device or media.

Re: NOT getting WSDL when adding transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by "more.harshal2007@gmail.com" <ha...@itshastra.com>.
My bean.xml like

	xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
    xmlns:jms="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"
    xmlns:p="http://www.springframework.org/schema/p"
    xmlns:jaxrs="http://cxf.apache.org/jaxrs"
	xsi:schemaLocation="
		http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-3.0.xsd
		http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd
		http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms
http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/configuration/jms.xsd">

 	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-jms.xml"/>

	<jaxws:endpoint
		id="CustomerService"
		address="jms://"
		implementor="com.example.customerservice.impl.CustomerServiceImpl"
		transportId="http://cxf.apache.org/transports/jms"
		bindingUri=""

	</jaxws:endpoint>

	<jms:destination
name="{http://impl.customerservice.example.com/}CustomerPort.jms-destination">
		<jms:address  destinationStyle="topic"
    				  jndiConnectionFactoryName="jms/ConnectionFactory"
    				  jndiDestinationName="jms/Topic">
    	<jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.factory.initial"
                           value="weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory"/>
    	<jms:JMSNamingProperty name="java.naming.provider.url"
                           value="t3://localhost:7001"/>

		</jms:address>
	</jms:destination>
</beans>