Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/11 17:07:53 UTC

adding more options to mapreduce.Export

Hi,
I logged two JIRAs which add options to mapreduce.Export:

Potentially there could be another option which filters rows using regex:
    // see if there is row filter
    if (args.length > 5) {
        byte [] prefix = Bytes.toBytes(args[5]);
        if (args[5].startsWith("^"))
        {
            s.setFilter(new RowFilter(CompareOp.EQUAL, new
RegexStringComparator(args[5])));
        }
        else s.setFilter(new PrefixFilter(prefix));
        System.out.println("row filter is: " + args[5]);
    }

That is 3 more options on top of existing options.

So I logged HBASE-2416 which would allow table.jsp to easily accommodate
more options.

Please comment on the approach of processing more and more command line
options for mapreduce.Export

Thanks

Re: adding more options to mapreduce.Export

Posted by Lars George <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,

I have planned to work on these this week. Sorry for the delay.

Lars