Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by Guilherme Ferreira <gu...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/24 14:26:29 UTC

Re: JPQL and DB2 native code

Christophe Marcourt <ch...@...> writes:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> yes I'm using temporal data from DB2 .
> I'm already querying DB2 in SQL native and I had to do a "mapper" for my
> entities as my DAO is a generic one. Quite tough. My problem is the
>  <at> Inheritance annotation for the joined strategy. In JPA it's
automatic but
> in pure SQL : nada !
>
> So that's why I was asking for a way to intercept JPQL parsing. But it
> seems it's not possible.
>
> I'm afraid I have to do it on my own.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Christophe Marcourt

Hi Christophe,

Have you been able to figure out a way of using DB2 temporal queries with
JPA? I've been facing a similar issue, where I've also been able to issue
pure, native SQL queries containing the temporal capabilities, but can't
figure out a way of using JPQL with temporal.

One of the things I''m trying now is to use the "set special register
command", which in some cases might work well, but so far no luck either.

Best Regards,
Guilherme Ferreira