Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by zhixin li <lz...@hotmail.com> on 2002/06/05 06:02:02 UTC

Problem on virtual host by dbm

Hello, everyone

I'm trying virtual host on Apache and want
to use dbm to map url to local position.

But it seems dbm can't work well with apache.
The following is my httpd.conf:

RewriteEngine on

RewriteMap   lowercase  int:tolower

# define the map file
#RewriteMap   vhost      txt:/home/lzx/conf/vhost.map
RewriteMap   vhost      dbm:/home/lzx/vhost

RewriteCond  ${lowercase:%{HTTP_HOST}}  ^(.+)$
# this does the file-based remap
RewriteCond  ${vhost:%1}                  ^(/.*)$
RewriteRule  ^/(.*)$                      %1/docs/$1

If I use vhost.map, the url of lzx.domain.com
can be mapped into /home/lzx/docs correctly. But if I
use /home/lzx/vhost.db, apache does not any mapping.

The vhost.db is a NDBM created by dbmtool which I downloaded.
When I listed the content of the db by dbmtool, it is

lzx.domain.com  /home/lzx
wxd.domain.com  /home/wxd

It is samed as vhost.map.

Does any have experiment on that? I'm very anxious.

Much thanks.