Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Phillip Rhodes <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/12 04:37:23 UTC

Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster

Gang:

I am getting further with my attempt to get Giraph running on a YARN cluster,
but now I'm stuck at this error:

Could not find or load main class org.apache.giraph.yarn.GiraphApplicationMaster

I've tried everything I can find in previous messages on this topic,
to no avail. My command line is like this:

hadoop jar /home/prhodes/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.apache.giraph.GiraphRunner
org.apache.giraph.examples.SimpleShortestPathsComputation -vif
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.JsonLongDoubleFloatDoubleVertexInputFormat
-vip /user/prhodes/input/tiny_graph.txt -vof
org.apache.giraph.io.formats.IdWithValueTextOutputFormat -op
/user/prhodes/giraph_output/shortestpaths -w 4 -yj
/home/prhodes/giraph/giraph-examples/target/giraph-examples-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar,/home/prhodes/giraph/giraph-core/target/giraph-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT-for-hadoop-2.5.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar

and those jars are in those locations on each node in the cluster.
But yet it still complains about not finding the
GiraphApplicationMaster.   Also, I've verified that the jar file does
contain the GiraphApplicationMaster.class.

Any ideas what else might be causing the problem, or any workarounds?
I thought about distributing the Giraph jars to each node and
physically putting them on the Hadoop Classpath, but the Maven build
builds fat jars by default, which would probably cause issues doing
that.  Any other suggestions or ideas?

Phil
---
This message optimized for indexing by NSA PRISM