Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by ry...@kodak.com on 2002/04/16 20:02:02 UTC

Outputting XML

From: Ryan D. Cuprak

Hello,
 I am trying to retrofit an old C++ based application with the ability to
save data in xml (which will then be read into a java application that I am
writing). Because of memory constraints, I can't use DOM but at the same
time I don't want to reinvent most of the capabilities found in DOM - such
as encoding binary data in base64, outputting wellformed xml etc. Looking
at the C++ APIs a solution doesn't jump out at me. I want to avoid the java
equivalent of out.println's everywhere which makes for fragile code.

Any advice?

Thanks,
 Ryan Cuprak