Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com> on 2009/07/01 22:04:29 UTC

Blog entry

FYI - just wanted to let people know what we've been up to:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/gkbrown/archive/2009/07/what_is_new_wit.html

Re: Blog entry

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
OK, this has been changed:

Re: Blog entry

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Blog entry

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Re: Blog entry

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 4:24 AM, Greg Brown<gk...@mac.com> wrote:
> Also here:
>
> http://java.dzone.com/announcements/what-new-pivot

Now you might getting annoyed with me again.

First of all, I think it is great that Apache project members exercise
a lot of PR. Blogs, articles, press releases, speakers at conferences
and so on...

But people who care greatly about the Apache brand has recognized that
we (the whole of ASF) needs to take better care of the "brand",
otherwise we can't claim it.

 1. Pivot should be "Apache Pivot", and a claim that Apache and Apache
Pivot are trademarks of the Apache Software Foundation.

 2. And because of 1., there should be a disclaimer that it is still
in incubation.

 3. There might be other things...

This can seem at odds with each other, but it is basically a
pre-cursor to teach people the due process.

The good news is that there are "professional help" when

I am sure Martijn has a lot more input on how to deal with this in
practice, since Apache Wicket is in a similar position (probably even
more so) where Wicket is a strong brand by itself, yet have to assist
in the Apache branding in less than obvious ways.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er