Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Todd Paridon <ph...@sbcglobal.net> on 2003/03/04 18:36:04 UTC

forwarding from Tomcat to Apache

Background: I am using Apache 2.0.43, Tomcat 4.1.18 with mod_jk as the
connector.

I am using a servlet to check a users response to a retry/cancel
operation.  If it is a retry I want to go back to a static page being
served by Apache, if it is cancel I want to access another page being
served by Tomcat.  The second part works fine, but when I try to
redirect back to Apache (using
response.sendRedirect("paridon.homedns.org/login.html") ) the url it
uses is :
http://paridon.homedns.org/ParidonWeb/servlet/paridon.homedns.org/login.html
When I use response.sendRedirect("login.html") it responds:
http://paridon.homedns.org/ParidonWeb/servlet/ParidonWeb/servlet/LoginFailed?OK=Retry
Neither of which is there... It should be just:
http://paridon.homedns.org/login.html
Is this a setup problem?  Does anyone know what the proper way to do
this or a workaround?

Thanks in advance.
Todd Paridon

RE: forwarding from Tomcat to Apache

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cdi-hq.com>.
Drop the "paridon.homedns.org", assuming login.html is the base htdocs
directory you ought to be fine.  The second solution would be to add
"http://" in front of the "paridon.homedns.org".

--mikej
-=-----
mike jackson