Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Robert James Liguori <gl...@yahoo.com> on 2013/10/28 14:53:17 UTC

Including newlines towards stream/file endpoint

How would one add a newline for each message being sent through this route?

<route >
  <from uri="activemq:topic:TOPIC1"/>
  <to uri="stream:file?fileName=/tmp/data1.txt"/>
</route>

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Including newlines towards stream/file endpoint

Posted by Henryk Konsek <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

> How would one add a newline for each message being sent through this route?

Keep in mind that newlines are automatically appended to the string
messages. Appropriate excerpt from our documentation [1]:

// Send String payload to the standard output.
// Message will be followed by the newline.
template.sendBody("direct:in", "Hello Text World");

// Send byte[] payload to the standard output.
// No newline will be added after the message.
template.sendBody("direct:in", "Hello Bytes World".getBytes());

In your case you seems to receive non-String messages from the topic
(which are automatically converted to the byte[] messages by the
producer). What about converting [2] them to the Strings then before
they hit the producer endpoint? Strings will be automatically appended
by the newline.

Cheers.

[1] http://camel.apache.org/stream.html
[2] http://camel.apache.org/convertbodyto.html

--
Henryk Konsek
http://henryk-konsek.blogspot.com

Re: Including newlines towards stream/file endpoint

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Use the content enricher eip and append the new line to the message
before sending to the stream endpoint.

--
Claus Ibsen