Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2013/07/27 09:42:00 UTC

RAT GSOC: [WAS Re: RAT: IHeaderMatcher Design]

On 07/13/13 18:52, P. Ottlinger wrote:

<snip>

> Licences should be data objects.
>
> What about adding a parserFactory whose default implementation is the
> line based parser and adding a parser to the licence data objects.
>
> Thus a matcher were to contain a pair of data object/licence and parser.
>
> This would reduce the amount of duplication since most licences use the
> default parser.

+1

Being able to do this sort of remodelling is one of my motivations for
proposing our GSoc project. So, I'm keen to get this moving.

Manuel[2] and I[1] are working on the GSOC stuff over at GitHub. Please
feel free to dive in and comment or fork. Hopefully, we'll be able to
start offering patches for trunk at Apache once 0.10 is released.

I'm inclined towards factoring out a separate Maven module for our new
domain objects. If this turns out to be a mistake, we can always combine
it back in later. Potentially, this will allow legacy stuff to be kept
around for a while.

Opinions ...?

Objections ...?

Robert

[1] https://github.com/itstechupnorth/creadur-rat/tree/gsoc
[2] https://github.com/elnuma/creadur-rat/tree/gsoc

Re: RAT GSOC: [WAS Re: RAT: IHeaderMatcher Design]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 07/27/13 18:49, P. Ottlinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 27.07.2013 09:42, schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
>> I'm inclined towards factoring out a separate Maven module for our new
>> domain objects. If this turns out to be a mistake, we can always combine
>> it back in later. Potentially, this will allow legacy stuff to be kept
>> around for a while.
>
> +1
>
> Could be some sort of creadur-api module containing beans and services,
> while the other modules provide implementations for CLI/mvn a.s.o.

+1

core is now too large to fill that role well

The ant tasks and maven plugins depend on core, and moving command line
stuff from core to a cli module sounds good. Code could be relocated
gradually from core to the new api module and (perhaps) into new
implementation modules.

Robert

Re: RAT GSOC: [WAS Re: RAT: IHeaderMatcher Design]

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@aiki-it.de>.
Hi,

Am 27.07.2013 09:42, schrieb Robert Burrell Donkin:
> I'm inclined towards factoring out a separate Maven module for our new
> domain objects. If this turns out to be a mistake, we can always combine
> it back in later. Potentially, this will allow legacy stuff to be kept
> around for a while.

+1

Could be some sort of creadur-api module containing beans and services,
while the other modules provide implementations for CLI/mvn a.s.o.

Phil