Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2016/08/21 20:19:35 UTC

Support contact for Extensions

Like (I assume) the other PMC members who are moderators of the
Extensions site, I received an e-mail from SourceForge asking what their
"communityteam" address listed at
http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/websitecontact should be replaced with.

My understanding is that, no matter how clearly it is written on the
page, users will e-mail that address with common support questions, and
the current staff at SourceForge is unable to address these requests -
as far as I know, they used to handled by Roberto who was also able to
answer or re-route generic support requests about OpenOffice, but this
is not the case any longer.

My proposal: use a link "Apache OpenOffice dev list" as a replacement,
linking it to
https://openoffice.apache.org/mailing-lists.html#development-mailing-list-public
; and if/when we get an e-mail related to hosting of the Extensions
site, we reply CCing the communityteam address so that they can handle
it. But please let me know if someone else answered something different
already.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: Support contact for Extensions

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
OK, +1

[orcmid]

I think it would be better to use users@openoffice.apache.org and not put users through so many steps.

Also, I think the moderators should be generous in accepting user requests to either list and  not put them through too many steps, especially when they have done their best to express their request in English.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.

[orcmid]

So we should CC communityteam@sourceforge.net if it is actually something that only they can handle?