Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hua Hou <hu...@handango.com> on 2003/10/01 18:54:06 UTC

jsp:include and case problem

I am having a case problem with jsp:include. I am using Tomcat 4.1.24. Here
is the problem:

2 jsp: A.jsp, b.jsp

Inside b.jsp, I have <jsp:include page="a.jsp"/>

In the browser, when I invoke b.jsp, A.jsp is compiled into "a_jsp.java" and
"a_jsp.class".

My understanding is that jsp is case sensitive, which means A.jsp should
never be compiled into "a_jsp.java" and "a_jsp.class", instead, Tomcat
should give "404" error. Is there way to prevent Tomcat from compiling
"A.jsp" into "a_jsp.java" when A.jsp is included using jsp:include?

Thank you for your great help!

Hua

Re: jsp:include and case problem

Posted by Werner van Mook <we...@connecties.com>.
On Wednesday, Oct 1, 2003, at 18:54 Europe/Amsterdam, Hua Hou wrote:

> 2 jsp: A.jsp, b.jsp
>
> Inside b.jsp, I have <jsp:include page="a.jsp"/>
>
> In the browser, when I invoke b.jsp, A.jsp is compiled into
> "a_jsp.java" and
> "a_jsp.class".
>

> My understanding is that jsp is case sensitive, which means A.jsp
> should
> never be compiled into "a_jsp.java" and "a_jsp.class", instead, Tomcat
> should give "404" error. Is there way to prevent Tomcat from compiling
> "A.jsp" into "a_jsp.java" when A.jsp is included using jsp:include?

JSP's are case sensitive for it's variables.
But what you have is a StringValue.
For this to work correctly I think you have to know if your operating
system is case sensitive.
I think it isn't. That's why you get this behavior.

Werner van Mook