Posted to users@maven.apache.org by imiten <im...@yahoo.com> on 2012/05/16 09:31:59 UTC

glassfish gf-client.jar with dependencies in its MANIFEST.MF

Hi,

In glassfish app server there is gf-client.jar which in its MANIFEST.MF has
lots of dependencies referring to ../modules/*.jar files.  As per the file
system of glassfish install it resolves fine but I want to setup
gf-client.jar in my local project level repo.  I added with
install:install-file gf-client.jar but now how to setup those ../modules.jar
files in project level repo ?

Below is snippet of how the gf-client.jar manifest looks like (just few
classpath entries pasted and its copy paste from dos terminal).

C:\tmp\META-INF>type MANIFEST.MF
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.5
Created-By: Apache Maven
Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver
Built-By: java_re
Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_10
Package: org.glassfish.appclient.client.acc
Main-Class: org.glassfish.appclient.client.AppClientFacade
GlassFish-ServerExcluded: true
PreMain-Class: org.glassfish.appclient.client.acc.agent.AppClientConta
 inerAgent
Class-Path: ../modules/tools.jar ../modules/auto-depends.jar ../module
 s/config.jar ../modules/config-types.jar ../modules/hk2.jar ../module
 s/hk2-core.jar ../modules/osgi-adapter.jar ../modules/grizzly-comet.j
 ar ../modules/grizzly-config.jar ../modules/grizzly-framework.jar ../
 modules/grizzly-http.jar ../modules/grizzly-http-ajp.jar ../modules/g
 rizzly-http-servlet.jar ../modules/grizzly-lzma.jar ../modules/grizzl

Regards,

Miten.

Re: glassfish gf-client.jar with dependencies in its MANIFEST.MF

Posted by imiten <im...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I tried the latest 4.0-b33 from maven central and it build fine.  I was
having earlier problem at my end for same version but then those files which
it failed for I deleted and then it resumed fine.

Since had problem with 4.0 I without digging deep tried 3.* build and they
had their problems and I went on to investigate them.

Thanks for checking.

Posted by Jörg Schaible <Jo...@scalaris.com>.
Wayne Fay wrote:

>> gf-client.jar in my local project level repo.  I added with
>> install:install-file gf-client.jar but now how to setup those
>> ../modules.jar
>> files in project level repo ?
>
> If you added gf-client.jar with install-file then you will most likely
> need to do the same for all the others. and then specify the ones you
> need via <dependencies>.
>
> The Glassfish team is pretty familiar with Maven so I'm surprised they
> don't publish the gf-client artifact (with a proper pom file declaring
> dependencies etc) that you could just depend on instead. I'd ask them
> directly about it.

They do publish it, Miten should just had a look into the jar itself, it
contains its own Maven pom. Then he would know that the G:A:V is
org.glassfish.main.appclient.client:gf-client:3.1.2 and therefore available
at
http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/glassfish/main/appclient/client/gf-
client/3.1.2/

- Jörg

Re: glassfish gf-client.jar with dependencies in its MANIFEST.MF

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> gf-client.jar in my local project level repo.  I added with
> install:install-file gf-client.jar but now how to setup those
> ../modules.jar
> files in project level repo ?

If you added gf-client.jar with install-file then you will most likely
need to do the same for all the others. and then specify the ones you
need via <dependencies>.

The Glassfish team is pretty familiar with Maven so I'm surprised they
don't publish the gf-client artifact (with a proper pom file declaring
dependencies etc) that you could just depend on instead. I'd ask them
directly about it.

Wayne