Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com> on 2004/05/21 23:48:05 UTC

What is the default Group Profile?

And where is it created?

I am familiar with services.Profiler.newuser.template for new users, but I
did not see anything similar for groups.

I would like to intercept the process and customize the Profile/PSML that is
created for each group so that I can quickly create team workspaces.

Has anyone else tried this??

Thanks

Bob Fleischman

RE: What is the default Group Profile?

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
David:

Thanks. I think this is just what I need. I spent an hour or so trying to
track this back before I posted and hit a few interface dead ends. (I could
find the interface, but not the class which was instantiated.)

I came across exactly the same 2 points you did, which I would like to
improve.

I've some free time over the next few days. I'm going to take a look at this
and see what I can figure out.

Bob

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
>>Did you read JS1-480?
I will please ignorance and say 'No I did not need read JSI-480, in fact I
don't know what a JSI is. I do know JSRs.'

Is there somewhere I can go to learn more?

Also, I created an 'Admin and Owner' security constraint and applied it to
the new user template. How do I contribute that back??

Thanks

Bob

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
I've looked at some of this over the past few days. Today I studies
SecurityEntries.

I'ld like to try my hand at a bit of this. I'm busy most of this holiday
weekend, but could perhaps take a look at it next week.

How do I submit patches to the User PSML or the new GroupTemplate PSML?
Also, I create a new 'Only Admin and Owner' security Entry. How do I submit
that?

I'm using Eclipse 2.13.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Ps. What version of Eclipse are you using?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 26, 2004, at 1:11 PM, Bob Fleischman wrote:

> Sorry if this is repost. My email client hiccupped when I tried to
> send at
> first and I am not sure if it went.
>
> David
>
> I retract my earlier statement. I was thinking too much <G>. (Sorry I
> thought I saw an I not a 1 and I was thinking of some Java Standards)
>
> I read the JS1-480. That deals with my initial concerns.
>
> Ideally I would like to create a series of Portlets for this template
> page
> which share a common parameter 'Group'. This parameter would then be
> used to
> limit the content of the portlet to data relevant to the group.

That shouldn't be a problem

> Also, I would like to automatically create a new security role
> 'Admin+{group}member' so that we can restrict the content to group
> members
> only and then apply that security to the group template

Something like:

<security-entry name="admin-mygroup">
    <access action="*">
	<allow-if group="mygroup"/>
    </access>
    <access action="*">
	<allow-if role="admin"/>
    </access>

> Finally, since you asked, I would like to create a role called
> {group}Admin
> so that individual users could be assigned the responsibility of
> administering a group page, perhaps with public and private content.
>
> Is that too much to ask for??

Not at all ;-)
Are you going to send the patch?
If not, as you can tell by late response, Im a bit swamped this week.
I can try to get to implementing JS1-480 by next week....

> Bob

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office]   +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

RE: What is the default Group Profile?

Re: no images after reload (4x) in Jetspeed 1.5

Posted by samneth/jt <19...@student.tu.kielce.pl>.
i think that the problem is not in .vm files (navigations) but in
changing... logo :)
i had the same problem when i replaced reference to logo defined by setURI
(in the begining of top.vm file). replacing it with direct path/to/file
causes image disappearing (i'm not an expert, so please don't ask why). in
my case images didn't show adter 2 reloads (no caching in webbrowser).

quick solution (i hope that helpful): don't remove default setURI
reference, modify the logo in JestspeedResource.properies file.

samneth

Getting a jndi URL from JetspeedResources.properties

Posted by Daniel Farinha <da...@ktorn.com>.
I'm trying to get a jndi URL to a local directory from JetspeedResources.
Ultimately this URL is to be used to read the contents of files from that
directory (using JetspeedDiskCache.getEntry()).

In JetspeedResources.properties I have:

mydir.url=/WEB-INF/mydir/staticfiles/

In the code I then do:

String dir = JetspeedResources.getString("mydir.url");

dir = TurbineServlet.getRealPath(dir);

dir += "somestaticfile.txt";

// at this stage dir is the full path to the directory
(c:\tomcat\jetspeed\WEB-INF\mydir\etc)

URL url = new URL(dir);

Reader rdr = JetspeedDiskCache.getInstance()
    .getEntry( url.toString() ).getReader();

// then read file contents

---------------

My problem is in converting the path to a URL. I would normally read the URL
from a portlet's URL property (which is then of protocol "jndi") but I'm now
using an ActionEvent and don't have any other way of specifing the dir path.

Is there a neat way of getting a URL from a dir path, that can be used in
the JetspeedDiskCache.getEntry(), i.e with the JNDI protocol?

Regards

Daniel

RE: Trying to deploy Jetspeed 2

Posted by Jonathan Hawkins <jo...@hawkinsweb.co.uk>.
Similar problem :-

26-May-2004 21:50:06 org.apache.commons.digester.Digester endElement
SEVERE: End event threw exception
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setSimpleProperty(Property
Utils.java:1789)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setNestedProperty(Property
Utils.java:1684)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.setProperty(PropertyUtils.
java:1713)
        at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:101
9)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.BeanPropertySetterRule.end(BeanPropertySe
tterRule.java:244)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source
)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(
Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContent
Dispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Un
known Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1567)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.XMLToolboxManager.load(XMLToolboxManag
er.java:185)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.ServletToolboxManager.getInsta
nce(ServletToolboxManager.java:210)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.initToolbo
x(VelocityViewServlet.java:269)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.servlet.VelocityViewServlet.init(Veloc
ityViewServlet.java:212)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.
java:935)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:82
3)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContex
t.java:3427)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3
628)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:821)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:80
7)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDep
loyer.java:307)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:788)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:492
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:400
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:718)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:358)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:166)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1196)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)

        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
97)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:219
0)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
org/apache/commons/configuration/Conf
iguration
        at
java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1610)
        at
org.apache.velocity.tools.view.ViewToolInfo.setClassname(ViewToolInfo
.java:122)
        ... 51 more
26-May-2004 21:50:06 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol start

Posted by "Al. Oupraxay" <ao...@basicsetc.com>.

Trying to deploy Jetspeed 2

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Bob Fleischman <bo...@mindspring.com>.
David:

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Re: Jetspeed 1.6-dev from CVS - Freeze in CastorRegistryService

Posted by Jean-François Ménard <me...@logyka.com>.
After verification, the CastorRegistryService NEVER seem to start, even
when I disable my JSP and Velocity portlets.  Jetspeed manage to work,
but my jetspeedservices.log file is filling with the "RegistryService:
Waiting for init of Registry..." line...

Are there any settings that must be set to get Castor running?

Le ven 21/05/2004 à 18:16, Jean-François Ménard a écrit :
> With a fresh build from CVS, everything work fine for a while.
>
> But as soon as I try to use a VelocityPortlet or a JspPortlet, Jetspeed
> hang and cannot start anymore. In fact, as soon as I insert one of these
> portlets in my psml files, I can't start Jetspeed anymore...
>
> What's very bizarre is that HelloJSP from Jetspeed work fine!!!
>
> In jetspeedservices.log, I have:
>
> 2004-05-21 18:04:25,270 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:25,772 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:26,274 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:26,775 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:27,277 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of Registry...
> 2004-05-21 18:04:27,779 [DaemonThread:feeddaemon] DEBUG
> CastorRegistryService - RegistryService: Waiting for init of Registry...
>
> I found a thread in mailing list archives wich point to a patch posted
> in Jira.
>
> Question:
>
> 	- If the patch is the fix, wasn't it merged in HEAD?
> 	- If yes, then my issue is something else.
> 	- If not, why not?  Are there any issues with this fix?

Jean-François Ménard
Logyka technologies inc.

RE: Jetspeed 1.6-dev from CVS - Freeze in CastorRegistryService

Posted by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com>.
The patch has not been applied to head.

The reason that the patch has not been applied is that it has not been
reviewed yet.  Also, it's a major change (from what I remember) to the
Registry service.

If possible, I wouldn't mind feedback from users who have applied the patch
to their system to see what kind of results they have had.

Jeremy Ford
jford@apache.org