Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Xu Jin <xe...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/25 06:06:23 UTC

回复: [LANG] Porting to Kotlin

-1 from me.
I HATE kotlin.
I'm lombok user.

________________________________
发件人: Paul King <pa...@gmail.com>
发送时间: 2020年4月25日 13:52
收件人: Commons Developers List <de...@commons.apache.org>
主题: Re: [LANG] Porting to Kotlin

The attachments didn't seem to come through. I am not on the commons PMC
but I would be -1 for changing the existing functionality. They already
work fine for Java and work already as Apache Groovy extension methods:

@Grab('org.apache.commons:commons-lang3:3.10')
import org.apache.commons.lang3.StringUtils

use(StringUtils) {
    assert 'The quick brown fox'.abbreviateMiddle('..', 8) == 'The..fox'
    assert 'abcdef'.rotate(3) == 'defabc'
}

Rather than talking about "porting", why not just create a thin
re-purposing layer that provides additional functionality to Kotlin users.
That would be easy to do as a separate project and could be incorporated
into commons lang at a later date if there was sufficient interest?

Cheers, Paul.