Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Vertical Search <ve...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/15 16:44:45 UTC

Question adding specialized index-search capabilities.!!

I want to tweak nutch for spealized vortal (searching Hotels). So, was
wondering if some one can clarify few questions I have..
After reading the mail archieve and the code base.
I have concluded the following

I could write a index filter. In the implementation, I have access to the
content, from which I could extract some key data and index on those as
Howie has suggested.
For example, From parse text, I would extract, name of hotel, type of the
hotel, location  and services offered etc., and make it searchable and
indexed.

Then, write a Query filter to facilitate querying.. Please let me know, if
this is a good practice or a better way to do it..

Should I do it at parse level itself ?

Thanks

Re: Question adding specialized index-search capabilities.!!

Posted by Vertical Search <ve...@gmail.com>.
Just a small correction!!