Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by "Bafna, Nikita" <ni...@iu.edu> on 2020/04/07 19:56:24 UTC

Apache Airavata MFT : File Autotransfer

Hello,

We did setup the Apache MFT system on our local machine and made some observations.
As per one of the observation, we understand that the current MFT transfers are manual.
We plan to automate these transfers, like in one use case say the User A runs some job every Sunday that generates a file which needs to be transferred from point A to point B. We plan to incorporate MFT and build a scheduler and a dashboard( wherein the user would have access to a GUI to automate his transfers. Eg set Source, Destination, Source file path, Destination file path, When to transfer Day, Time etc) to automate these transfers.
We would like to know your feedback on the suggestion.

Regards,
Nikita Bafna