Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Harshvardhan Kadam <ha...@1eq.com> on 2020/04/15 07:45:55 UTC

Oracle BLOB, CLOB data type mapping with Ignite cache

Hello,

I am using Ignite 2.8.0 as cache layer with Oracle 11g as 3rd party
persistence.

I have couple of questions:
1) Does Ignite supports Oracle's BLOB data type? If yes, what should be the
attribute type in generate POJO (Object or something else)?
2) As per Ignite official documentation, it supports Binary data type. Which
data type of Oracle matches with Binary of Ignite? And again what should be
attribute type in generate POJO?
3) Does Ignite supports Oracle's CLOB data type? If yes, what should be the
attribute type in generate POJO (String or something else)?
4) What does TYPE_NAME 'Other' signifies in cache description obtained using
sqlline '!describe' command?

Re: Oracle BLOB, CLOB data type mapping with Ignite cache

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

I assume you are talking about CacheJdbcPojoStore. Please keep in mind that
it's just an implementation of CacheStore and you can have your own
implementation (which will then support any types you want).

For CacheJdbcPojoStore you can supply your own transformer via
setTransformer(), which will convert fields to BLOB/CLOB/BINARY columns and
vice versa.

We also have CacheJdbcBlobStore but I think it's not that you want, since
it will store key/value in a single field in opaque form.

I don't see any existing support for BLOB or CLOB in CacheJdbcPojoStore or
default transformer. BINARY may map to byte[], although I'm not hundred
percent sure - it's in our JDBC, not our CacheStore implementation.

OTHER just means that this column holds a complex object (such as nested
POJO) which will likely not be accessible via our own JDBC. I don't think
it is meaningful for cache store.

I hope some of these pointers will be useful.

Ilya Kasnacheev

ср, 15 апр. 2020 г. в 10:46, Harshvardhan Kadam <harshvardhan.kadam@1eq.com