Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Ron de Jong <ro...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/25 02:29:45 UTC

New release?

Dear Derby developers,

When can we expect a new release ? (it's almost may 2010)
I love Derby and I can't wait to test and use the latest and greatest
for my project.

As a java programmer I can't imagine a life without Derby (never having
to install MySQL again after running my jar on another computer
regardless of platform).

Serious, Derby could be the next (cross platform) MySQL ! (in fact I
think it already is!).

--
Kind regards,

Ron de Jong
The Netherlands

Re: New release?

Posted by Kristian Waagan <Kr...@Sun.COM>.
On 25.04.10 02:29, Ron de Jong wrote:
> Dear Derby developers,
>
> When can we expect a new release ? (it's almost may 2010)

Hi Ron,

A release candidate for Derby 10.6 is supposed to be cut today, draft
release notes have already been posted, and according to the plan the
release should happen in May.
See [1] for details.

Kristian

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTenSixOneRelease