Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by "Tolliver, Johnny S." <to...@ornl.gov> on 2012/03/05 20:31:35 UTC

Re: import error: column name '........pg.dropped.16........' not in table

On Feb 28, 2012, at 9:06 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho wrote:

> Was your table created as you presented or did you removed some columns after table creation?
>
> I'm not an PostgreSQL expert, but it seems that you might hit SQOOP-445:

Many thanks, Jarek. As it turns out, I did not create the table -- I'm trying to import someone else's data into Hive. But I checked with that person today, and we believe it is entirely possible that the original table was created with 16 columns and then had one dropped. Just my luck to hit such a problem on the third import attempt. I'm going to try to import some of the other tables (there are many big ones to choose from) to see if I have better luck, but I think you've probably identified the problem.

Thanks again!

Re: import error: column name '........pg.dropped.16........' not in table

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.
You're welcome sir.

Jarcec