Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Junjun He <ju...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/05/17 17:45:18 UTC

Convertion Problem

I'm using AXIS package in a webSphere application server. Yesterday I got a
weried error message.

The thing happened like this:

First, I maped all classes which need to be transferred through the wire:

 <beanMapping qname="myNS:UserProfile" xmlns:myNS="urn:Service"
               languageSpecificType="java:com.base.UserProfile"/>

 <beanMapping qname="myNS:Area" xmlns:myNS="urn:Service"
               languageSpecificType="java:com.base.Area"/>

 <beanMapping qname="myNS:Engagement" xmlns:myNS="urn:Service"
               languageSpecificType="java.com.base.Engagement"/>

After the setup, I tried send a request from the client and the AXIS worked
perfectly except the fields in the Area.java didn't get transferred
successfully.
I checked that class, found out it's because that class's methods
wereprotected.
Then I changed all of them to public and tried again. Weried thing
happened.
The Axis didn't work anymore, it sent out a message like this:

  U - Could not convert java.lang.String to bean field 'area_Typ', type
java.lang.String

Somebody can tell me what is the possible reason to cause this problem?
Your help is highly appreciated.

Junjun