Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/10/24 22:12:01 UTC

Disabling the Shark component?

What about disabling the Shark component?
It is a component that has never been completed, we have moved outside
of OFBiz the Shark jars (for license issues) and its user interface is
clearly not maintained updated with the rest of the project: the Shark
component is the only component, together with the Content component :-(
that still hosts JPublish pages.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Disabling the Shark component?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

From: "Si Chen" <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>

Posted by Shi Yusen <sh...@langhua.cn>.
It's true that Shark is not popular any more. I saw OSWorkflow had some
codes on OFBiz but I didn't try.

For the BPM part, I have integrated jBPM (a JBoss workflow engine) with
OpenCms. So if you could provide a detail design, I'd like to spend 1 or
2 months in the next year to contribute a prototype of this part.

By the way, I opened a project opencms-ofbiz at sourceforge.net which
I'll start next week to integrate OFBiz with OpenCms through JMS. OFBiz
as the business engine and OpenCms as UI. Is JMS still available in
current version?

Regards,

Shi Yusen/Beijing Langhua Ltd.

在 2006-10-25三的 12:46 -0600,David E Jones写道:

Posted by Chris Howe <cj...@yahoo.com>.
--- David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>
wrote:
> To be honest, I'm a little tired of questions about
> Shark. There
> seems to be lots of interest in using it, but no one
> has really been
> both able and sufficiently interested in working on
> it.
> -David

In addition to being able, from my point of view, it's
also seeing a clear benefit in utilizing a workflow
when most everything that is used by a large enough
mass in OFBiz is status driven by process and by UI.
The services and SECAs seem to overlap most of the
benefit that I currently understand workflows to
provide.  Everytime I've attempted to look into or use
a workflow style program I've either gotten lost in
the tech speak or found it too dificult to define a
benefiicial scenario that a program should "always"
perform a task.

If someone has a less tech heavy resource on shark or
any other workflow, I would appreciate it.

Re: Disabling the Shark component?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Si,

The point is that it has little to do with what is happening now. The
question is, where do we want things to go?

-David

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.