Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Robert Beattie <RB...@bge.ie> on 2011/04/27 15:17:58 UTC

My full name and email address open to all on web?

I did a search of my email address in IE8 - to see what information is out there identifying me to everyone!

I found this link:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-dev/201001.mbox/%3C1A60AD0697A8964EA981A8DE6F1DAE0908F8FCA0@BGGWRMB01.bge.ie%3E

and got my full name and work email address in an apache archive!

Was it intentional to post the archives up on the web for all to see - in which case, how do I get this article removed?

Regards
Robert Beattie

________________________________
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, commercially sensitive and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. BGE accepts no liability for actions or effects based on the prohibited usage of this information . BGE is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
Bord G?is Eireann is a body corporate established under the Gas Act 1976.

Thank you for your attention.

RE: My full name and email address open to all on web?

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> I did a search of my email address in IE8 - to see what information
> is out there identifying me to everyone!
>
> I found this link:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/subversion-
> dev/201001.mbox/%3C1A60AD0697A8964EA981A8DE6F1DAE0908F8FCA0@BGGWRMB
> 01.bge.ie%3E
>
> and got my full name and work email address in an apache archive!
>
> Was it intentional to post the archives up on the web for all to
> see - in which case, how do I get this article removed?
>
> Regards
> Robert Beattie

This email that you just sent that I am replying to has your name and email address in it. It will be archived. I'm not sure how it identifies "you". I'm not sure how you are expecting your email/name to be private when you post it to a publically accessible email list.

BOb

Re: My full name and email address open to all on web?

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Yes, all users@ and dev@ lists are public.

> - in which case, how do I get this article removed?

You can't.  (And it's archived in at least six other 3rd party archives)

Sorry.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
We (Hyrum) also clarified the web site, adding an explicit mention of
the mailing lists' being public and archived.

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.