Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/26 13:48:08 UTC

How is log4php capitalized?

I was just looking at the homepage of log4php, and it is capitalized
in 3 different ways in the first 3 rows. :)
* Log4php
* Log4PHP
* log4php

Now, this looks horrible. I think we should choose one of these and
stick with it. Personally, I think that Log4PHP looks nicest, however,
all other Apache logging frameworks seem to be named in lower caps
(log4j, log4net, ...) so this may be the right choice. What do you
think?

Also, in pom.xml the project is named "Apache log4php." (with the full
stop in the end :) ).

Ivan

Re: How is log4php capitalized?

Posted by Moritz Schmidt <fu...@googlemail.com>.
2010/7/26 Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>:
> So can I go ahead with "Apache log4php" or does anybody have any objections
> or proposals?

I'm all for it :)
+1

Moritz

RE: How is log4php capitalized?

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

nope, looks fine to me.

+1

Gav...

Posted by Ivan Habunek <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
> I was just looking at the homepage of log4php, and it is capitalized
> in 3 different ways in the first 3 rows. :)
> * Log4php
> * Log4PHP
> * log4php
>
> Now, this looks horrible. I think we should choose one of these and
> stick with it.

acutally you are right. There is no answer to this currently. but I
agree, we should choose one

> Personally, I think that Log4PHP looks nicest, however,

yes, me too

> all other Apache logging frameworks seem to be named in lower caps
> (log4j, log4net, ...) so this may be the right choice. What do you
> think?

I think I would conform with the other projects and choose log4php.

> Also, in pom.xml the project is named "Apache log4php." (with the full
> stop in the end :) ).

I think this one should be the name.

Are you volunteering to fix this mispelled ones? :-)

Cheers
Christian