Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by S K Pradeep kumar <s....@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 08:21:33 UTC

Can any body give the solution to this problem

Dear All,

Further to the discussion we had just now, please find the details below.

Website url: www.compliancepanel.com – currently up (moving to
www.globalcompliancepanel.com)

Hosted with: goDaddy on dedicated server

Server: 4GB RAM, 160GB HD, 2GB SWAP, 2.6GHz Quad core processor.

Applications: ofBiz 4.0 based website on a red hat fedora linux 8.0 platform

Database: MySQL 5.0

Size of database and application: 270MB. The size of database grows on an
average of 2MB/day.

*History:* The website was running smoothly for the past 9 months. This
application was developed by a consultant who is working for another
Bangalore based company in part time.

*Problem:* The website will be down within 10 to 40 minutes after starting
the application. The moment the website is down, the database table that is
being accessed at that time is deleted or truncated or corrupted. Even if we
turn off the server hit updates, the MySQL system tables will be corrupted.
We understand that it is utilizing more cpu time (150% sometimes).

* *

*Steps taken: *

reprovisioning the server several times.

Re-installing all applications.

Code: identifying loops in the code and changing it using list methods,
Upgrading MySQL connector and DBCP, Removing all deprecated methods and
resolving the jar conflicts

Tests conducted: stress test using Wapt tool. Gradually increasing 20
virtual users every 10 minutes. The number of hits increased upto 70,000 in
10 hours. The application has behaved well.

*Expectations:*

Resolving the current problem and make the existing application very healthy

Enhancement – currently the application is only 15% of the whole application
perceived.

Kindly let us know if this can be taken up and if so let us know the quote
for the same.

Look forward for your support and co-operation.

With regards,
S K Pradeep kumar,

Re: Can any body give the solution to this problem

Posted by Shi Jinghai <sh...@langhua.cn>.
I guess there are bad sectors in the hard disk. Run
smartctl -l error yourharddisk
or
smartctl -H yourharddisk
to see whether there's any problem.

Good luck,

在 2010-03-02二的 15:05 +0530,S K Pradeep kumar写道:

Posted by S K Pradeep kumar <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi Shi Jinghai,

Posted by Shi Jinghai <sh...@langhua.cn>.